- How does Agent20.com work?
- How much does it cost to use Agent20.com?
- Do I need to sign a contract with the hotel?
- What is the “Cut-off Date” I keep hearing about?
- Can I cancel or change a confirmed booking?
- I opened a marketplace but I don’t see any offers. Why?
- Does the Tooth Fairy really exist?
- Can I get the attention of a specific hotel I like?
- Do I get charged if I don’t book all the rooms I requested?
- What happens at the end of the time I had set?
- I am getting offers from hotels that have a higher ranking than what I am looking for. Why is that?
- Can I book groups other than from the sports market though Agent20.com?
- Do the hotels see what their competition is offering to me?
- I have more questions and would like to speak with someone. How can I reach you?
- Post your team’s hotel needs (number of rooms, bedding, dates, destination, perks, etc.) on Agent20.com
- Set the time frame for hotels to compete for your business
- Click “Open Marketplace”
- Lean back and let the hotels duke it out for your business!
- At any time, stop the marketplace and pick a winner or wait until the time runs out and leaves you with the remaining three lowest offers.
Be aware: You can only see the top three offers and the particular hotel you like, might or might not come back once it has been underbid and is no longer in the top three.
Once you have picked your winning hotel, you will receive information about the room block and how to book the individual reservations. Simply forward this information to the team so each player can book and confirm the reservation with their credit card. Done!
Nothing! Nada! Nichts! Rien! Niente! The use of our site is free to all our customers; we get paid by the hotels for allowing them to earn your business through our site.
Most hotels accept what the industry refers to as a "courtesy block" without a contract, however some hotels will provide you with a contract, mainly for internal auditing purposes. Hotels are bound by our terms and a contract that is being sent to you, needs to reflect these terms as well as the pricing and any and all perks that were offered to you by the hotel. There is no financial responsibility for rooms that you don’t reserve from the block as they will simply fall back to the hotel on the cut-off date.
Once booked, reservations can be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to arrival without incurring a charge; a reservation that either gets cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival, results in a "no-show" or departs the hotel prior to the contracted check-out date will be subject to a one-night's charge in the amount of the agreed group rate plus applicable taxes and fees. These charges will be assessed by the hotel, not Agent20.
The cut-off date is the day on which, at 6:00 PM in the hotel’s time zone all rooms that have not been reserved (industry term: "picked up") from the block will be released back to the hotel without any financial obligation to you, whatsoever. However, once the rooms have been released, it is 100% at the hotel’s discretion to accept reservations under your room block.
Offering rooms outside of the originally requested dates is at the hotel’s discretion and based on availability, but in most cases rates are available a few days before and after the main dates. Once booked, reservations can be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to arrival without incurring a charge; a reservation that either gets cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival, results in a "no-show" or departs the hotel prior to the contracted check-out date will be subject to a one-night's charge in the amount of the agreed group rate plus applicable taxes and fees. These charges will be assessed by the hotel, not Agent20.
There are several possibilities:
- Agent20.com does involve human interaction and offers need to be entered by the sales manager responsible for the sports market. If you started a marketplace on Friday afternoon 5PM, you might not see any movement until late Monday morning when offices open again. Be patient! (HINT: Unless you are under time pressure, give the hotels maybe four or five days to get back to you. They receive a lot of inquiries every day.)
- Agent20.com is a free market concept and the law of supply and demand rules. It is possible that all hotels in the area are sold out and thus will not be able to make an offer for your particular dates. If you have flexibility, try different dates, room types, hotel levels or check cities close by.
Great question: Of course she exists. How else do you think the money got under your pillow? You think your parents got up in the middle of the night for that? (Just checking if you are really reading our Q&A)
Yes, you can. If the hotel is registered in our database, you can find it and "nudge" it. We will send the hotel an email advising them of your particular interest in their property. But, be selective as you can only nudge one hotel per marketplace!
No, you do not. Hotels will communicate their cut-off date to you in their offers. However, once the rooms have been released, it is 100% at the hotel’s discretion to accept reservations from your block. If the hotel is in a high-occupancy period, you may not be able to book rooms after the cut-off date, if they are starving for business, the hotel will do anything to bring in a new booking.
You will see the last three most competitive offers from hotels and you have twenty-four (24) hours to complete the needed information and confirm the booking of the group block. After that the hotel options will disappear from your dashboard and the hotels are no longer bound to their offers.
We want you to get the best possible deal. Sometimes hotel markets are in need for business and hotels, even in the luxury segments, will make great offers to get their rooms filled. This is why we send out your search to the hotel segment you are looking for and to the hotels that are one segment above. Why not stay in a full-service hotel if you get it at a limited-service price?
Yes, you can, but please know that the perks we enable the hotels to offer are very much sports driven. Share your feedback with us, curious to hear what you used Agent20.com for.
Heck yes, and that is the way we want it. The hotels will see what price the competition is offering, but they will not see what perks the hotels throw in. The task for every hotel is to steal as much business as possible from their competitors, so you lean back and let the hotels duke it out for your business.
We love to speak with our customers. Please click here and you will be directed to our contact information page.